I remember loving Chris Pratt when he was on Parks & Recreation. I found him to be one of the best things about that show. It wasn’t until he took the role of Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy, that I realized what a talented actor he was. Shortly after came the premiere of Jurassic World, and he just gotten better and better. Every single film I see him in, I enjoy. Besides that, he is amusing to follow on social media.
Last weekend, he received the generation award at the MTV Movie Awards. With that came a nice long speech in which Pratt gave viewers some life advice. I think something like this is important to share. There was a decent amount of silly content in his “9 Rules of Life,” but the core message of it all was good-hearted. We need more of this in the media these days. He began by saying, “I accept the responsibility of being your elder, so…listen up!” We’re listening, Chris.
1. Breathe — If you don’t, you’ll suffocate.
2. You have a soul. Be careful with it.
3. Don’t be a turd. If you’re strong, be a protector and if you’re smart, be a humble influencer; strength and intelligence can be weapons, and do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.
4. When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger, they won’t even know they’re eating medicine.
5. Doesn’t matter what it is, earn it. A good deed, reach out to someone in pain, be of service, it feels good and it’s good for your soul.
6. God is real. God loves you. God wants the best for you. Believe that. I do.
7. If you have to poop at a party, but you’re embarrassed because you’re gonna stink up the bathroom, do what I do: lock the door, sit down, get all the pee out first. Okay? And then, once all the pee’s done, poop, flush, boom. You minimise the amount of time the poop is touching the air, because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you’re peeing on top of it, stirring it up, the poop particles create a cloud, it goes out and then everyone in the party’ll know that you pooped. Just trust me, it’s science.
8. Learn to pray. It’s easy, and it’s so good for your soul.
9. Nobody is perfect. People are going to tell you you’re perfect just the way you are, you’re not. You are imperfect. You always will be. But there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you’re willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. And like the freedom that we enjoy in this country that grace was paid for with somebody else’s blood. Do not forget it. Don’t take it for granted.
You can watch the full speech below:
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom releases in theaters this Friday, June 22nd.
- 5 Point Discussions – Sword Art Online Alternative: GGO 8: “Booby Trap”
- Fans Are Taking Things Too Far With Their Waluigi Passion