NYCC 2018: AfterShock Comics Reveals Exclusive Variants, Signings & More
by James Ferguson
New York Comic Con is fast approaching and the promotion is already in full swing. I haven’t seen talk about anyone “invading” New York yet, so I think the city is safe for now. AfterShock Comics will be in attendance this year at booth #2242 and the publisher has a bunch of exciting stuff planned for convention attendees.
On hand at the booth will be Editor-in-Chief Mike Marts, Publisher / Chief Creative Officer Joe Pruett, President Lee Kramer, SVP Sales & Marketing Steve Rotterdam, Retailer / Fan Relations Manager Lisa Y. Wu, Managing Editor Christina Harrington, and a number of creators. Check out the signing schedule below:
- Declan Shalvey (DREAMING EAGLES, SHIPWRECK): Thursday, October 4, 2pm
- Russ Braun (JIMMY’S BASTARDS): Thursday, October 4, 2pm
- Goran Sudžuka (A WALK THROUGH HELL): Friday, October 5, 1pm
- Omar Francia (VOLITION): Friday, October 5, 1pm
- Taylor Espositio (BABYTEETH; HOT LUNCH SPECIAL): Saturday, October 6, 1pm
- Eliot Rahal (HOT LUNCH SPECIAL): Saturday, October 6, 1pm
- Jorge Fornes (HOT LUNCH SPECIAL): Saturday, October 6, 1pm
- Adam Glass & Aidan Glass (THE LOLLIPOP KIDS): Saturday, October 6, 2pm
- Juan Doe (DARK ARK, ANIMOSITY, AMERICAN MONSTER, WORLD READER): Saturday, October 6, 2pm
- Donny Cates (BABYTEETH): Sunday, October 7, 1pm
- Frank Tieri (PESTILENCE): Sunday, October 7, 2pm
That’s not all! AfterShock Comics will also have some NYCC exclusive variants for The Lollipop Kids #1 and Beyonders #1, both from artist Juan Doe and a variant cover from Declan Shalvey for The Last Space Race #1. Additionally, fans will have a chance to get their hands on a limited edition AfterShock Mystery Box valued at close to $200 for only $75. Contents may include graded comics, signed comics, rare variants, complete series runs, and surprise items.
Mike Marts says:
AfterShock Comics couldn’t be more thrilled to head two blocks west from our New York offices to be part of all the action at this year’s New York Comic Con. We’ve got a lot in store for AfterShock fans and friends, and we look forward to a memorable four days at one of the most exciting pop culture events of the year.
Finally, AfterShock will be holding a panel called Shock Treatments – Behind the Creative Alchemy at AfterShock Comics on Friday, September 5th from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM in Room 1C03. It’s described as a deep dive into the creative processes behind a number of their comics. Joe Pruett and Mike Marts will be on hand along with an array of panelists including Adam Glass and Aidan Glass, Frank Tieri, Marguerite Bennett, Steve Orlando, Elio Rahal, Jorge Fornes, Ted Anderson and more.