A new VR Doctor Who video game, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time, is set to drop in a few weeks from developer, Maze Theory, and publisher, PlayStack. The title draws upon the television series’ 55-year history and has equal parts action, adventure and puzzle-solving.
Players pick up their sonic screwdriver and confront recognizable monsters from the show and all new creatures. Escape from a Weeping Angel or even pilot a Dalek shell and take full advantage of its arsenal.
Some of the game’s features include:
- Become part of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver – with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals – from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who talent – featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
- Oculus Quest support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time comes out November 12, 2019 on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos.