Saturday afternoon and a time to give yourself a break and catch up on some of last week’s news, previews and reviews in your regular ten-to-takeaway. So, what have we got for your this weekend?
- The big news of the week just has to be DC Comics big reveal for its forthcoming two month event, DC Future State. Read up on all the titles coming out in January and February here.
- Other news from the world of comics came from Titan Comics and its announcement of a new Rivers of London collection, Rivers of London Vol. 8: The Fey and the Furious. You can catch the announcement and a preview here.
- On the review front, ‘New to You Comics’ continues to be a popular pull with this week’s chat looking back at Locke & Key Vol.1: Welcome to Lovecraft here.
- We welcome back ‘The Weekly 2000AD’ to our list again this week with Richard Bruton previewing the most recent Prog here.
- New York Comic Con went online last weekend, and Benjamin Hall’s look at their panel on video essaying here.
- Also coming out of NYCC was Hall’s report on the Neil Gaiman Sandman panel looking at the recent audio adaption of the comic book classic with James McEvoy, Dirk Maggs and Kevin Smith in attendance. Catch it here.
- There was more than one festival on last weekend, with our Rachel Bellwoar covering the Nightstream Film Festival and a review of Home Invasion: NYC Horror Shorts here.
- Another film review posted this week was Tito W James’s very well received review for South Korean film Revenger. TReda up on this new action film here.
- Closer to home and EiC Erik Amaya brought us news of the imminent return of Buck Rogers now that Legendary Entertainment has acquired the rights. Read more here.
- Lat but not least, we’ll leave you with my talk with author Ashley Chrisitine as we chat all about their new sci-fi neo-noir comedy novel, Midnight 99 here.
Have a great weekend everyone!