2000 AD are making many a middle aged man happy this Holiday season with the announcement that they are bringing back the 1980s board game Block Mania with a few updates. But be warned, it’s a limited edition release with a Mega Mania expansion set also available. This expansion set includes additional counters and two new boards, allowing up to four players to join in. And for the first time the Happy Hour expansion is also included, adding Robo-Dogs, Sucker Guns and Trip Mines to the game play.
“Block Mania is the classic two-player game of manic destruction in Mega-City. Each player controls the citizens of an entire Mega-City block, as they attempt to destroy the block next door – or at least do it a lot of damage before the Judges arrive!
Relive the chaos of hives soaring in bat-suits; hungry alien Kleggs commandeering Sky-Rail cars; and City-Def forces infiltrating the neighbouring block to blow it to smithereens, before the Judges unleash the riot foam to shut you down!”
Each box contains:
- Two different, full-colour game boards – each depicting an entire Mega-City block.
- 180 counters representing the Citizens, weapons and equipment of the blocks, as well as damage, collapse and fire markers.
- A deck of 54 full-colour, double-sided playing cards, used to play numerous dirty tricks during the game. When the last card is played the quick fire endgame begins as the Judges arrive.
- A detailed, comprehensive rulebook with extensive diagrams, examples of play and players’ notes giving tips on strategy and tactics.
- A handy Blockers’ Manual telling players all about how to use the multitude of citizens, weapons, hardware and instruments of total destruction in the game.
- And, of course, two six-sided dice!
And for the first time the Happy Hour expansion is also included, adding Robo-Dogs, Sucker Guns and Trip Mines to the fray!
This limited-edition replica printing will be available from 2000AD.com from 12 noon (GMT) this Friday 27th November and to retail from Asmodee UK.