First we had the New 52, then we got ‘Rebirth’ and now we get a third relaunch (don’t call it a reboot!) of the DC Universe this March it would seem.
Following on from DC Future Stare we’ve already had new teams announced on Superman, Action Comics, the Flash and Nightwing, with more to come no doubt. And now comes Infinite Frontier #0, a 64-page one-shot from the most creative and innovative storytellers in comics that sets the table for new tales, talent, and characters for 2021 and beyond.
“As Dark Nights: Death Metal exposes our heroes to the Multiverse’s darkest threats and DC’s Future State event provides a glimpse into possible futures of the DC Universe, this blockbuster one-shot propels our heroes into the current day and a world full of endless possibilities.”
Writer Joshua Williamson commented:
“Infinite Frontier #0 really feels like the beginning of a new era of DC Comics, a time when anything is possible. We’re taking the aftermath of Dark Nights: Death Metal and combining it with the best things we love as storytellers about the DC Universe, resulting in bold, fun, and exciting new directions. There are a lot of teases to new story lines, surprises, and mysteries for the year set up in Infinite Frontier #0 that you won’t want to miss.”
Featured in this one-shot will be primers for this new direction from the following creative teams:
- Joshua Williamson, Scott Snyder, and James Tynion IV with John Timms
- Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez
- Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad with Alitha Martinez
- Geoff Johns and Todd Nauck
- Joshua Williamson and Alex Maleev
- James Tynion IV and Jorge Jiménez
- Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Jamal Igle
As well as the creators involved with this one-shot and future DC Comics’ title spinning out from this special we also get details on the stories running through DC Comics throughout 2021 as well as a good idea of which creators will be working on which titles, such as Brian Michael Bendis writing Justice League:
- An unthinkable, unexpected attack by the Joker makes him the target of a worldwide dragnet with ex-cop Jim Gordon in hot pursuit in the ongoing series The Joker by James Tynion IV and Guillem March
- Spinning out of her breakout appearances in Future State: Wonder Woman and Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman, a young Yara Flor begins the search for her destiny and connection to the Amazons
- It’s orientation day at Titans Tower as Tim Sheridan and Rafa Sandoval introduce a new group of teen heroes (including the future Red X) to the original New Teen Titans, setting the table for the duo’s Teen Titans Academy series in March
- The adventures of the Justice League continue (beginning with Justice League #59), now written by Brian Michael Bendis with artist David Marquez, with new JL members, including Black Adam, Hippolyta, and Naomi
- Wonder Woman ventures into the “godsphere,” creating an exciting new storyline by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Travis Moore, continuing in March’s Wonder Woman #770
- Award-winning writer Geoff Johns and Todd Nauck tell an all-new Stargirl story
Look out for Infinite Frontier #0 Tuesday 2nd March, 2012 from DC Comics. A must for all DC Comic’s fans.