Something For The Weekend: Your Regular Round Up Of News, Previews And More
by Olly MacNamee
Another good week for some of our regular columns which always fills me with hope that we must be doing something right here at Comicon Towers. So, what were you all reading this past week?
- Well, you certainly enjoyed Richard Bruton’s weekly preview of 2000 AD, which makes it onto the list again. Fr anyone who missed it, you can check it out here.
- Brendan M Allen and Tony Thornley reviewed Titan Comics’ Doctor Who Volume 1: Alternating Current featuring the Tenth and thirteen Doctor in a team-up adventure against the Sea Devils. Read their thoughts on this collection here. in their regular New To You column.
- Ben Martin’s Saturday afternoon’s Franchise Explosion (Or Implosion) has been looked back at the Mortal Kombat film franchise. And last weekend he cast his gaze over the latest in the series here.
- Richard Bruton’s Webcomic Weekly also gets onto this week’s ten-to-takeaway with a review of A Small Revolution a here.
- And, sadly, he also brought us news of another untimely death. This time for 2000 AD letterer and indie publisher, Dave Evan/Bolt -1 here.
- We pride ourselves on featuring a number of podcasts and the latest addition – Not Your Final Girl Podcast – makes it onto the list yet again. Hosted by Ariel Dyer and Candace Sluder, you can check out the latest episode here.
- Brendan M Allen also brought us a new column in which he looks ahead at new story arcs in several new comics here.
- One of the most bizarre items of comic book news we featured this week was for WWE – The New Day: : Power of Positivity from BOOM! Studios. Read all about it here.
- Sage Ashford brought us a new trailer for forthcoming game release, Hood: Outlaws & Legends here.
- To round off this week’s list our EiC, Erik Amaya, posted the latest trailer for Venom 2, which was released earlier this week and a fitting way to end a week: