Hero Collector Conjure Up Classic Horror Film Figurines For New Collection
by Olly MacNamee
Hero Collector’s latest collection of 1:16 scale, hand-painted figurines is inspired by classic and contemporary characters from horror films, featuring the likes of Pennywise (both the 1990 original and the recent remake versions), Annabelle and The Crooked Man (The Conjuring film series). Here’s the full list of the first announced set of figurines below:
- Pennywise (IT: Chapter Two, 2019): He’ll feast on your flesh as he feeds on your fear! An otherworldly horror who took on countless forms to prey on children in Stephen King’s IT, this particular Pennywise was played by Bill Skarsgård in IT: Chapter One and IT: Chapter Two.
- Pennywise (IT, 1990): He’s every nightmare you’ve ever had. He’s your worst dream come true! Captured midway through his monstrous transformation, this version of the dancing clown was portrayed with palpable villainy by Tim Curry in the ‘90s adaptation of King’s novel.
- Annabelle (Annabelle Comes Home, 2019): She’s coming home… Annabelle first appeared in The Conjuring, where the demonically-possessed porcelain doll proved terrifying enough for her own film series. This figurine is perched atop her chair, in the white dress from Annabelle Comes Home.
- Valak (The Nun, 2018): Pray for forgiveness! An avatar of the gothic demon Valak, this eerie nun was sealed for centuries beneath an abbey, before the bombs of World War 2 released her… The figurine captures the likeness of actress Bonnie Aarons, fully transformed into the ghoulish abbess.
- The Crooked Man (The Conjuring 2, 2014): There was a Crooked Man, and he walked a crooked mile… A demonic spirit conjured straight from nursery rhyme by a cursed children’s toy, the Crooked Man was played by creature actor Javier Botet, and is shown here cradling his signature umbrella.
- Stripe (Gremlins, 1984): Mogwai make cute and cuddly pets, but feed one after midnight, and you get a sick and twisted Gremlin! “Stripe” was the ringleader of these animatronic abominations – this figurine depicts him at 1:8 scale, signature tuft and all!
With more to come the first wave of figurines are due to be released this September just ahead of Halloween and retail at $24.95/£19.99 each.