Similar to comics, there has been a recent trend of adapting video games into films. From Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil to the upcoming Super Mario Bros., they’ve all received the big screen treatment. However, this may never have happened if it were not for the influential movie, Tron.
At the time, it was ground breaking with its visual aesthetic and incorporation of the then emerging video game industry. It even spawned its own arcade game. Now, the fine people at Arcade1Up, known for their retro arcade cabinets such as Ms. Pac-Man, is bringing the classic game into homes.
The Tron Arcade Machine is now up for pre-order on their site. It’s a nice recreation of the original down to the lighting displays and artwork. Gamers can play the I/O Tower, MCP Cone, Light Cycles and Battle Tanks sub-games. If that wasn’t enough, you can even play the sequel, Discs of Tron.
Other exciting features include:
- Responsive ink on control deck and screen adjacent inner side panels, illuminated by included black light under marquee
- Light-up front panel, flight stick and marquee
- Custom designed cabinet and riser
- Official Matching Stool Included
- Adjustable Variable Volume
- Anti-Tip Over Strap
- Wi-Fi Enabled Leaderboard