Happy New Year, everyone! And let’s start this new year by looking back at some of the more popular posts from the last week of 2021:
- Like most other comic book and pop culture websites we vote on our favourites of the year, and this year’s lists got a lot of attention, as they usually do. Making it onto the list, then, is our top 5 Best Original Graphic Novels of the Year (here).
- Also making the list was our top 5 Best Series of the Year too. Check that list out here.
- Our regular round up of comic book reviews makes it on the list for another week (here).
- On the film front Koom Kanesan’s review for Netflix’s Don’t Look Up can be read here.
- Sticking with films, Ben Martin’s ever-popular regular Saturday column, Franchise Explosion (Or Implosion) started looking back at the Scream film franchise with the original from 1999 here.
- Finally, in another truncated list (well, it is New Year’s Day, and some of use are nursing the mother of all hangovers) Frank Martin discusses Hawkeye once more, and how it’s a show that can only exist in the MCU, here.
Okay, that’s your lot. Well, expect for that little something extra I like to share with you each week. And this week it’s a fun little Star Wars fan-made film with a great punchline payoff at the end using Unreal Engine 5 by the producers of the AFK webseries. Enjoy!