Thor is one of Marvel’s enduring characters, and April’s issue #24 is a massive milestone for the God of Thunder- 750 issues. To celebrate, Marvel Comics is bringing a star-studded line-up of Thor creators past and present together for a giant-size blowout anniversary issue.
The issue deals with the aftermath of Donny Cates & Nic Klein’s epic God of Hammers story in its lead story. A scorched earth victory for Thor and Asgard means the Golden Realm is reeling from a brutal loss. Thor and his allies from all Ten Realms gather together to mourn, while pretty much every major Thor and Asgard creative team for decades gather to celebrate the Odinson. The stories include:
- A return to the time of Asgard hanging over Oklahoma, in a new tale from that era by J. Michael Straczynski & Olivier Coipel.
- An epic Balder and Thor team up from writer/artist Dan Jurgens.
- An iconic return as writer/artist Walt Simonson reunites with his fan-favorite creation Beta Ray Bill.
- Al Ewing & Lee Garbett reunite with their Loki: Agent of Asgard protagonist for a new chapter for the God of Mischief.
- 90’s superstar team Tom Defalco & Ron Frenz reunite for a captivating tale of Amora the Enchantress.
- And last but certainly not least a revelatory tale of Odin from Jason Aaron & Das Pastoras.
There’s probably only one other Marvel character who could boast a creative history as great as Thor, so this is fantastic news. These creators are all still great at what they do, and we can’t wait to see them do it here.
Keep an eye out for more information on this landmark issue, and be sure to pick up Thor #24 this April from Marvel Comics.