Another weekend round up of popular posts and a good deal of news other than comic book news, as you’ll see in out ten-to-takeway for this weekend:
- It was a very busy week for TV and film announcements, thanks to the Super Bowl. First up we had the premier of Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness trailer (here). Then, we also got an extended trailer for Moon Knight here. And finally the Super Bowl gave us a look at the very modernised The Lord of the Rings prequel series coming to Amazon Prime, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, here. God bless the Super Bowl.
- In other news, there was talk of a possible fourth Star Trek movie was another big announcement too, as brought you you by Erik Amaya, here.
- Finally on the film front we got news of a BioShock film being produced by Netflix here.
- In gaming news, Sage Ashford reported on Front Mission 1 and Front Mission 2 remakes here as well as Advance Wars 1+2: Reboot Camp, here, all coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year.
- Also on the gaming front, Gary Catig, covered the announcement of a special Valentine’s Day Black Desert Online event (read more here) and My Hero Ultra Impact coming to mobile gaming here.
- As has become the norm, a number of regular columns do well and last week’s Valentine’s Day Art for Art’s Sake by Richard Bruton hits the list. Check it out here. as well as last weekend’s Review Round Up (here) and Scott Redmond’s always informative and engaging Retcons, Reboots and Resurrections (here).
- Regular reviewer, Benjamin Hall, posted an interesting piece on why he thinks Batman Incorporated is the most realistic comic book concept in recent years. Read his thoughts on this here.
- Rachel Bellwoar’s review of the black and white movie classic, Repeat Performance can be read here and out on Blu-Ray now.
- We had an exclusive to share with readers this week, as Dark Horse revealed the covers to the print edition of We Have Demons #3 here, courtesy of Brendan M Allen.
- And Allen also posted a teaser for Marvel Comics, who ask, who is the Spider-Smasher here?
That’s quite the list, with a good deal of new announcements on there too. Any you missed?