Something For The Weekend: Your Regular Dose Of Popular Posts
by Olly MacNamee
As ever we bring you a selection of reading material from the past week that’s proved popular to help you enjoy the weekend that little bit more. So, what made the cut this week?
- As ever, a good few regular columns make it onto the list. I have two, with both the Review Round Up and The ICE-Cast Live.
- Ben Martin’s Franchise Explosion (Or Implosion) looking back at The Texas Chainsaw Massacre also makes it onto this week’s list.
- And, Scott Redmond’s Retcons, Reboots and Resurrections too. This latest column looks back at that one time The Punisher became the reanimated Franken-Castle. One of the more bizarre chapters in Frank Castle’s life.
- We also had Brendan M Allen’s Jumping On column looking at all the new number ones and new story-arcs that launched this past week.
- Finally, Richard Bruton’s dedicated weekly deep dive into The Weekly 2000 AD rounds off our selection of regular columns.
- On the news front we announced Image Comics new YA graphic novel, Supper Club by Jackie Morrow.
- Erik Amaya brought news on the expansion of Dynamite Comics’ children’s book line with The Legion of Forgettable Supervillains.
- Meanwhile, I exclusively announced AWA Studios newest series, Absolution by Peter Milligan and Mike Deodato Jr.
- We also had another exclusive this week with the revelation of Dark Horse’sPearl III#3 cover, courtesy of Brendan M Allen.
- Finally, it was good to read that the recently announced Comics for Ukraine: Sunflower Seeds reached it’s funding goal in just twelve hours! Well worth backing.
Right, that’s yer lot for another weekend. Enjoy the rest of your weekend wherever you are and wherever it takes you.