For the second year in a row, Marvel and Star Wars have teamed up to showcase the Galaxy’s biggest LGBTQ stars in a string of new variant covers.
Featured across all of Marvel’s Star Wars covers, these pieces feature prominent LGBTQ Star Wars characters from popular LGBTQ creators. The creator line-up includes Phil Jimenez, Paulina Ganucheau, Jan Bazaldua, Derek Charm, JJ Kirby, Javier Garron, and Kei Zama. They will premiere in June and run through July. The covers will also feature special Pride versions of the series logo and the official Star Wars Pride logo.
The characters featured this year are:
· Marvel Comics’ breakout character and star of her own ongoing series, Doctor Aphra by Ganucheau
· Fellow archaeologist and self-proclaimed “arch-nemesis” of Doctor Aphra, Kho Phon Farrus by Charm
· Sabé, Saché and Yané, former handmaidens of Padmé Amidala who currently play a pivotal role in the STAR WARS: DARTH VADER comic series by Zama
· T’onga, a former bounty hunter currently being pulled back into action in the STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS comic series and her wife, Losha by Bazaldua
· Jedi Padawans of the High Republic era, Lula Talisola and Zeen Mrala by Garron
· Vi Moradi, the Resistance spy who can often be found by guests visiting Black Spire Outpost at Batuu by Jimenez
· Resistance Commander Larma D’Acy, known for her appearances in Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, and her wife, Resistance Pilot Wrobie Tyce by Kirby
“For me it’s one of the greatest honors and pleasures to highlight the wonderful diversity of characters in comics,” artist Javier Garrón told StarWars.com. “Maybe we come to stories because it’s sci-fi, or action, or thriller, or whatever, really. But if we stay in them, if those stories stick with us, it is because of the characters.”
Check out all seven of the covers and pick them up starting June 15th!