After spending the last three years working on a wrestling game, it appears AEW is ready to talk about their first major title, AEW: Fight Forever. Reasonable or not, fans have had high hopes for All Elite Wrestling’s own video game from day one. Considering the company’s Executive Vice President and former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega touted how they were working with Yuke’s the excitement is understandable. The developer was responsible for some of the wrestling genre’s most beloved games, like WWF No Mercy, and obviously the hope is they can return to those heights, freed from the confines of working with 2K Games.
It’s fitting then, that both AEW and Yuke’s have confirmed that the publisher for their game AEW: Fight Forever is THQ Nordic, a brand responsible for publishing many of those beloved wrestling titles. More information will be released on the game during THQ Nordic’s presentation on August 12th. For now though, there’s only a teaser and the description of the game provided by THQ:
“Developed by YUKE’s Co, Ltd., creators of numerous, multi-million unit selling wrestling games, AEW: Fight Forever combines that nostalgic arcade-wrestler feel with innovative All Elite Wrestling finishers and tandem offensive moves. All Elite Wrestling is currently taking TNT and TBS networks by storm every week with their Rampage and Dynamite shows, featuring some of the biggest legends to enter the ring plus a stable of brand new, high-flying, AEW talent. AEW: Fight Forever brings the best of the best from that talent roster together in one game! Online co-op wrestling is going completely next level in Fight Forever with Tag Team matches that feature sequences of team maneuvers performed with simple commands. A deep career mode, wrestler customization, signature AEW arenas, and more match types than you can count, including some good ol’ fashioned, unsanctioned fun, all await!”
- Combines nostalgic arcade wrestling feel with innovative All Elite Wrestling finishers and offensive moves.
- Talent roster combines biggest legends to enter the ring plus brand new, high-flying AEW stars!
- Single, tag-team, 3-way, 4-way, ladder, Casino Battle Royale, Falls Count Anywhere, Unsanctioned Lights Out, Exploding Barbed Wire Death and online co-op multi-player matches!
- Online co-op multi-player!
- Tag team matches feature a sequence of team maneuvers performed with simple commands.
- Deep career mode
- Wide range of customization modes: wrestler attire and appearance, move sets, entrances, teams, and arenas.
- More than 40 weapons!
- Daily and weekly challenges!
All Elite Wrestling: Fight Forever will release on consoles and PC via Steam. No release date has been confirmed.