Acclaimed Artist Mateus Manhanini Spotlights Black ‘Star Wars’ Heroes In February Variants
by Tony Thornley
One of the greatest parts of Star Wars is the diverse heroes and villains throughout the galaxy. In February, Marvel highlights black heroes and villains of the Galaxy Far, Far Away in variant covers for Black History Month.
Across ten different variant covers, acclaimed cover artist Mateus Manhanini will bring to life covers featuring characters ranging from the original trilogy, the sequel trilogy, Disney Plus shows and the expanded universe. They include:
· Lando Calrissian, legendary character who first appeared in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
· Mace Windu, revered Jedi and member of the Jedi High Council known for his epic feats throughout the prequel trilogy
· Finn, former First Order stormtrooper turned hero of the resistance from Star Wars: The Force Awakens
· Jannah, former First Order stormtrooper turned freedom fighter from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
· Greef Karga, the Bounty Hunters Guild leader from Star Wars: The Mandalorian
· Sana Starros, the breakout character from Marvel’s Star Wars comics who will headline her first solo series in February
· Phel Starros, Sana’s brother who will make his first appearance in the Star Wars: Sana Starros comic series
· Keeve Trennis, the young Jedi who starred in Marvel’s first Star Wars: The High Republic comic series
· Oliviah Zeveron, the Jedi Knight who will play a major role in Marvel’s current Phase II Star Wars: The High Republic comic series
· Lt. Haydenn, Imperial officer under the command of Darth Vader who recently debuted in Marvel’s Star Wars: Bounty Hunters comic series and is on track to have a dramatic showdown with Beilert Valance in upcoming issues
Check out a gallery of a few of the covers, and be sure to pick them up on every issue of Marvel’s various Star Wars series in February.