Something For The Weekend: Your Regular Dose Of Popular Posts
by Olly MacNamee
Welcome to the weekend and another collection of popular posts from the past week. A chance to wind down and catch up on some essential pop cultural news, reviews and more.
- Quite a varied list again, with Frank Martin’s TV reviews once more proving popular. Read his review for Star Wars: The Bad Batch S02 Ep. 10 here. and The Flash S09 Ep.3 here.
- Furthermore, you can catch his most recent commentary piece here.
- Martin also posted a trailer for new Indian blockbuster, Martin , here.
- Our most popular previews were for Marvel’s All Hallows Eve #1 and 2000 AD/Rebellion’s Judge Dredd: Regicide.
- Sticking with comic books (well, it is a big part of what we d round here) worthy news items included Marvel’s resurrection of its corner boxes celebrating the 60th anniversary of both the X-Men and the Avengers. Read Tony Thornley’s report here. Plus, we get word of the return of the Ultimate universe coming from Johnathan Hickman and Bryan Hitch here.
- We also leant that Kyle Higgins has big, big plans for his co-created Massive-Verse with a crossover. Read up on it here.
- I brought you a sneak peek at Mark Millar and Frank Quietly’s The Ambassadors #1 as well as reporting on Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino’s latest Back Orchard Mythos series, Tenement , here.
- We also got another interview from Rachel Bellwoar, who talked with Henry Chamberlain about his new book, George’s Run. Read it here.
- For a second year, Brendan M Allen reported on his time at the Innings Festival Tempe 2023 here.
- Lastly, gamer Gary Catig reviewed new computer game, Redemption Reapers, here.
This week’s something extra comes from Antonis Fylladitis, who has made a CGI Superman fan-film inspired by DC Comics’ ’90s dystopian miniseries, Kingdom Come. Superman Awakens awaits you…