Something For The Weekend: Your Regular Dose Of Popular Posts
by Olly MacNamee
Welcome to the weekend, and welcome to another selection of popular posts from the wonderful world of comics, film, TV and more. A variety of reading material for you to sit back and enjoy.
- As ever, our regular weekend columns continue to do well. And to think, once upon a time we never even posted anything at the weekend. So, a shout goes out to Richard Bruton’s Art for Art’s Sake, Scott Redmond’s Retcons, Reboots and Resurrections, Review Round Up, and Something for the Weekend.
- On the comic book news front there was a good deal of news this week. Brendan M Allen reported on the new line-up for Marvel’s X-Men here.
- DC Comics revealed the variant covers that will be covering many of their books during this year’s Pride month in June here.
- Meanwhile Image Comics announced a new comic, Do a Powerbomb, from Daniel Warren Johnston here. and Titan Comics announced a comic book sequel to Blade Runner: Black Lotus anime here.
- ComiXology announced a new comic too, with Love and War, “a romantic sports comedy” here.
- I talked with creator and writer Nate Cosby about his new graphic novel, Alter Ego, currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter. You can read my interview here and learn more about the Kickstarter here.
- Gary Catig brought us several reports from SXSW including the SXSW Gaming Awards, his first impressions of the HALO TV show and a review of new film, Emergency.
- On the TV front Erik Amaya brought us two reports on the forthcoming Ms. Marvel TV show here and here.
- Koom Kantesan reviewed the second season of The Righteous Gemstones here.
- And, finally, with the ongoing war in Ukraine it’s good to see the comic book community getting behind the world-wide relief effort with Ukrainian artist Vlad Legostaev teaming up with Declan Shalvey and Rory McConville for two connecting Time Before Time covers. Read more here.